'LIKE' me today by clicking on the banner below :D

Saturday, May 14, 2011

My everyday blush, Benefit’s Sugar Bomb

Hi girls, I will be going through my examination period at the moment, thus will be slightly slow in updates and reviews.

I hereby express my apologies for the hiatus but I promise that I will be back working at full force at the end of May, wish me great luck in my examinations.

Getting back to the review,

Lately, I have been getting a lot of questions on what I have used to achieve that lovely, sheer looking blush that I don on my cheeks.

And to satisfy all those in curiosity, today I would be sharing about my favorite blush, the Benefit’s Sugar Bomb.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Meet the star of the day, the Benefit’s Sugar Bomb.

 Super love the brush that was included in the nifty packaging.


More information about it:
  • Priced @ $55.00 for a 12.0g box of powder
  • Made in USA
  • Includes a handy blush applicator
  • Contains four flattering shades
  • Solid hard cardboard packaging with a metallic finish

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Four lovely yet versatile colours included, they are able to be use individually or together. This picture is taken under natural light.

 This picture is taken with flash for a comparison with the above picture.

 Just look at the lovely and natural looking swatch of the Benefit’s Sugar Bomb on my hand.


The proper application method on using Benefit’s Sugar Bomb:
  • Swirl the provided brush once in a gentle circular motion across all the four colours
  • Dust off excess powder from the brush for an even application
  • Apply in an upwards motion from the apple of your cheeks to the top of your ear area for a more sculpted look (Do not do this if you have a long looking face as it will only accentuate it more)
  • Blend well for a natural finish or intensify it with more layers if desired

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Pros
  • Convenient as blush applicator is included
  • Soft bristle brush provided is of great quality
  • Light, lovely scent
  • Fine and pigmented powder
  • Natural looking and gives a healthier glow to the cheeks
  • Apply light and it’s easy to build up intensity
  • Long lasting
  • Brightens up dull complexion with its pearly shimmers
  • Easy to blend
  • No allergies or irritation

Cons
  • Steep pricing, though I have yet to see the pan after subjecting it to continuous everyday usage
  • Bulky package thus difficult to bring around
  • Cover is not connected to the main body of the packaging thus making it a little troublesome when I am in a rush.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A simple day look was easily complimented with the healthy glow that was achieved with the help of Benefit’s Sugar Bomb.


Ultimately how the Benefit’s Sugar Bomb fare,
Benefit’s Sugar Bomb have became my daily staple for its natural and not over the top colour that gives me a healthier overall look for my pale looking skin.

I am madly in love with the brush as the soft bristles are gentle on my skin and it does such a fabulous job by effortlessly blending the colour evenly out on my cheeks.

The powder gets picks up easily as well. How I wish that they do individually sells the brush.

Benefit’s Sugar Bomb also contains subtle shimmers that gives definition to my cheeks yet is not loud and fierce. I really love how my cheeks look in the pictures when I am wearing the Benefit’s Sugar Bomb.

It smells great as well, helping to revitalize my senses in the morning when I am all sleepy.

The only fault that I can find with the Benefit’s Sugar Bomb is that the hefty price tag might look intimidating to potential buyers.

Truth to be told as I am a sucker for beautiful packaging, the bulky box can be over look in this situation with its whimsical design.

My Verdict
9.5 out of 10 stars

Will I buy it again?
Definitely yes and I would love to try the rest of Benefit’s range of box powders.

The blush with it’s easy application is really addictive especially when I am rushing for time in the mornings.

Girls, do give it a try at the counters in Sephora, Tangs Orchard, Takashimaya or Robinsons Raffles City.

You will not regret making a trip down when you have experienced such luxurious pampering.

Till next time ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment